Software Engineering Intern
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology-enabled, web-based investment solutions and services to financial advisors. Our mission is to help investors achieve their financial goals, by providing financial advisors the access, tools, and support they need to deliver excellence in wealth management.
The Envestnet Summer Internship is a full-time internship program designed for qualified college students to gain hands on experience within the Envestnet "location" Office. Interns will work alongside various department experts and collaborate with fellow Envestnet interns on a project presented to leaders in the company.
The Summer Internship program will run from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will join an agile software development team supporting the Tamarac Trading product. You will collaborate with mentors on the team to deliver high quality software used by over 3000 financial firms managing over $1.2 trillion in assets.
Tamarac Trading is used by financial advisors to manage client portfolios and rebalance to their financial wellness strategy. This tax aware platform processes over 500,000 trades weekly - making quality, scalability, and performance paramount.
- Participate in daily software scrum team activities.
- Collaborate with a scrum team on feature development working in a .NET environment.
- Develop test cases and implement test automation.
- Participate in design, code, and test case reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java or C#.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered web applications, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in development tools such as Visual Studio and GIT.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application.
NOTE: This is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not intended as an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties, or desired qualifications.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!