Senior Database Administrator
As a company, we’re absolutely committed to the growth, development, and well-being of our people. Enfusion is where you can pursue your passion, showcase and further develop your skills, and launch a meaningful and rewarding career. If you're looking for a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, entrepreneurial, values diversity, fosters and rewards creative exploration, and strives to continually exceed client expectations then we're looking forward to hearing from you.
Enfusions System Department provides a flexible, scalable, secure, performant, and cost-efficient platform for running the Enfusion application stack and services. Systems core responsibilities include System Engineering, Network Engineering, Database Systems, and Data Center Operations, all playing a critical role in managing and maintaining the security and reliability of Enfusions IT infrastructure.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, MySQL DBA with Oracle experience to join our team. In this role, you’ll be working with our Systems and DB team to improve our existing database infrastructure, day-to-day operational activities including break/fix, capacity management, backup and recovery, database High Availability Clusters, replication setup/management and ongoing database change reviews.
What You’ll Do:
- Build out Enfusion’s MySQL replica / clustered / highly-available database environments.
- Perform database server builds
- Execute regular patching and upgrades
- Routine database backups and restore exercises
- Continuous database monitoring and alerting enhancements
- Manage of all primary and replica database instances across Enfusion’s entire ecosystem
- Participate in the installation, configuration, optimization, upgrades / patching, performance tuning, and monitoring of MySQL database systems on Linux / open source operating systems.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation schedule
- Participate in weekly release process
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for database continuous testing, integration, delivery, and configuration management
- Document policies, processes, and procedures
- Assist the dev teams as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 7 or more years experience with MySQL database administration (everything from DB administration, SQL scripting, DB systems configurations, DB tuning / optimizing, backups / restores, data dumps, etc.)
- Knowledge of RDBMS HA / DR design considerations and architectures.
- Understanding of industry best practices as they relate to database administration, operation, monitoring, scaling, performance tuning, and security management.
- Experience with MySQL v5.7 and v8 databases
- You should be comfortable in a Linux environment and be able to navigate a Linux CLI
- Financial / trading or investment environments are a huge plus
- Experience with Bash, Python or PHP scripting languages is a plus
- Experience with Oracle OEM and Oracle RAC database systems a plus
- It would also help if you have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or related Engineering field
The salary for this position is $130,000 - $175,000 + bonus + benefits.
*Note: This good faith pay range is provided in compliance with NYC law and the laws of other jurisdictions that may require a salary range in job postings.