Executive Assistant, Regional Migration
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Emerson Collective is an organization designed to develop opportunities and solutions in education, environment, immigration, and health equity through philanthropy, creativity and investments. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective brings together entrepreneurs and academics, artists, community leaders, and more to build solutions that spur measurable, lasting change. We work collectively to make the greatest difference possible.
Emerson Collective (EC) seeks to advance humane, practical migration policies that respect the dignity of migrants and acknowledge the variety of forces - including climate change - influencing decisions to migrate. We recognize that irregular migration poses to challenges to sending, transit, and receiving countries, and we seek to promote and help implement regional and sub-regional frameworks for managing migration that expand safe, legal migration pathways and help stabilize and integrate migrant populations in the Americas.
We are seeking an experienced, Spanish-speaking Executive Assistant who can support the Director of Regional Migration on day-to-day tasks as well as across projects and events led by the Regional Migration team. The ideal candidate is interested in migration, is resourceful and a self-starter, anticipates needs, works efficiently in a fast-paced environment across multiple countries, and is able to support discreet programmatic tasks. This role will report to the Director of Regional Migration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Schedule and organize meetings for the Director in a timely manner and proactively manage competing priorities.
- Manage a fluid team calendar across multiple countries and time zones.
- Coordinate and manage complicated travel arrangements and logistics for the Director, often with back-to-back trips.
- Help keep the Director and team on track, tracking yearly progress and milestones, and flagging deadlines.
- Contribute to a variety of written products in English and Spanish, including briefs, memos, proposals, and presentations. Editing and proofreading of products in English.
- Assist with the production of materials, pre-reads, and prep for meetings.
- Organize complicated convenings and events of public and private sector actors in the US and throughout the region.
- Maintain records and contacts in Salesforce.
- Process expense reports.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director’s EA and other EA’s across the collective as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Five years’ experience as an executive assistant or similar role, ideally within government, non-profit, policy or think tank.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish.
- Resourceful and flexible, with ability to think strategically.
- Confidence to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment.
- Travel required up to 20%.
- Humility, thoughtfulness, honesty, and emotional intelligence.
- Interest in Emerson Collective’s mission and alignment with values.
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C. This position is based in Washington, DC, but open to remote arrangements for candidates based in Latin America.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
The review of applications is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply please submit a letter of interest and a current resume here.
This position requires being up to date on COVID vaccination consistent with current CDC guidelines, subject to documented religious and/or medical exemptions.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.