Events AV Engineer
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Emerson Collective is an organization designed to develop opportunities and solutions in education, environment, immigration, gun violence and health equity through philanthropy, creativity and investments. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs in 2011, Emerson Collective is working to create new possibilities for individuals, families, and communities.
We’re seeking an Events AV Engineer, based in our Washington D.C offices, to join our “best in class” IT organization, emphasizing customer service and technical excellence! The Events AV Engineer will be a hybrid role, responsible for maintaining our audio visual systems, while also being a partner to our Events team, providing comprehensive events production support. This role reports to the IT Systems Manager. Please note that this role will require extensive travel to our NYC office for event support.
On the events side, a strong candidate will have a strong background in special events support, partnering with the events venue manager in asking the right questions during the planning stages, addressing feedback and offering unique solutions. This person should be calm, confident and have an exceptional focus and drive to run a smooth event.
On the IT side, a strong candidate will be a subject matter expert on enterprise AV systems, with a high personal standard of excellence and attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness, including the ability to self-monitor work to ensure a high quality of customer service. They should be able to evaluate risks and opportunities for improvement, and offer solutions to management and stakeholders. They thrive in a team environment, collaborating on new ideas and best practices. Candidates should be comfortable working in an Apple environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain operations and on-site troubleshooting of AV systems, particularly complex integrated systems such as bespoke event venues and large conference rooms.
- Frequent travel to NY for event support.
- Conduct thorough testing and troubleshooting of AV systems before, during, and after events to identify and resolve any technical issues promptly.
- Collaborate closely with the Events management team and stakeholders, understanding their AV requirements and provide technical advice and support for both in-person and virtual events.
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands-on Zoom platform event support, including breakout rooms, slide and video sharing, and managing speakers and participants.
- Communicate with integrators and vendors to arrange repair or troubleshooting of equipment.
- Research and recommend technology solutions to support the production of industry leading, best-in-class convenings.
- Deliver personal and comprehensive end-user support by processing incoming tickets within defined SLAs to achieve desired results.
- Create accurate and clear both user and internal documentation; develop support processes and procedures; end-user training and support hand-off to peers.
- Participate in staff training as required, travel when necessary, and perform other duties as appropriate as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- 4+ years experience with supporting IT & AV systems, troubleshooting theory and vendor escalations in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Proven experience in audiovisual and event production for both on-site and virtual events.
- Strong technical knowledge of AV equipment, software, and platforms for both on-site and virtual events, ie. Logitech, Shure, Crestron, and audio DSPs.
- Strong self starter while developing and managing business processes and workflows, standardizing documentation, and improving systems operations.
- Ability to read and understand cable pull schedules, floor and/or ceiling plans .
- Experience administrating and/or maintaining unified communications stack (Slack, Zoom, Teams, WebEx, Email, Office 365) a plus.
- Experience with IT enterprise tools such as JAMF, Okta (or other single-sign on services), Slack, or Networking technology, in an Apple environment.
- Requires a flexible work schedule on an as needed basis, with willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex technical information for less knowledgeable stakeholders.
- While located in Washington, D.C, travel for support to our New York office will be required, and less frequently to California.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.