Executive Assistant, Research and Impact
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
We are an organization dedicated to creating pathways to opportunity so people can live to their full potential. We center our work on education, immigration reform, the environment, health, with justice as our goal. We use a wide range of tools and strategies — partnering with entrepreneurs and experts, makers and policymakers, advocates, and creatives — to build and execute innovative solutions that will spur change and promote equality.
In order to address national and global-scale problems, we employ a wide range of tools and strategies. We believe that a combination of Philanthropy and Venture Capital can support the greatest leaps of innovation. This model allows us to deploy resources in the most flexible way for the greatest impact.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the MD, Research & Impact. The EA will assume a critical and collaborative role providing senior level support on day-to-day flow and across projects and initiatives, and will conduct research and analysis to support EC’s initiatives and campaigns. This ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter who works independently, anticipates needs and can pivot quickly and adjust to new expectations seamlessly.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategically manage a complex, dynamic, and active calendar; schedule and organize meetings in a timely manner and proactively manage competing and concurrent priorities
- Act as a thought partner to and represent the Managing Director internally and externally with grace
- Conduct research and collect data and other information to support initiatives and campaigns related to media, climate, immigration, education, social justice, and democracy
- Develop, write and contribute to a variety of products, including briefs, memos, proposals and presentations
- Assist with the production of materials, pre-reads, and prep for meetings
- Coordinate and manage complicated travel arrangements and logistics, often with back-to-back trips
- Process expense reports
- Maintain contacts in Salesforce
- Provide backup scheduling support to the Tech team
- Collaborate with EA’s across the collective on various projects and/or tasks as needed
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Five years’ experience as an executive assistant or similar role, ideally within government, non-profit, policy or think tank
- Resourceful and flexible, with ability to think strategically, critically, and creatively
- Confidence to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to manage up effectively
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and discretion when dealing with highly confidential matters and high-level individuals
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates humility, thoughtfulness, honesty, and emotional intelligence
- Interest in Emerson Collective’s mission and alignment with values
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. This position is located in Washington DC and is onsite 4 days/week.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Emerson Collective
Something looks off?