Senior Event Venue Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
We are an organization dedicated to creating pathways to opportunity so people can live to their full potential. We center our work on education, immigration reform, the environment, health, with justice as our goal. We use a wide range of tools and strategies — partnering with entrepreneurs and experts, makers and policymakers, advocates, and creatives — to build and execute innovative solutions that will spur change and promote equality.
In order to address national and global-scale problems, we employ a wide range of tools and strategies. We believe that a combination of Philanthropy and Venture Capital can support the greatest leaps of innovation. This model allows us to deploy resources in the most flexible way for the greatest impact.
We’re seeking a Senior Events Venue and Workplace Experience Manager to oversee event production and office/facilities related needs in the Washington DC office. Reporting to the Director of Event Operations, this role will play a hybrid function across two teams. The ideal candidate is customer service oriented and collaborative, with experience coordinating logistics and producing a wide range of events. They will have subject matter expertise in managing event venues and office spaces and delivering high touch services in a fast paced environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- EVENT PRODUCTION:
- Lead all aspects of DC of event planning and execution, including collaborating with internal teams to develop experiences that support our organization's mission and goals; and ensuring alignment with Emerson Collective's event standards and guidelines
- Coordinate event logistics, including creating logistics materials (timelines, show flows, floorplans, briefs); lead events on-site and oversee event setup and breakdown (some evenings and weekends)
- Maintain vendor relationships and procure, manage and negotiate vendor contracts and services; track associated costs and budget on an ongoing basis
- EVENT VENUE MANAGEMENT:
- Manage the calendars for all event venue spaces, including event requests and production schedules
- Craft, maintain, and communicate event venue collateral, including use guidelines and planning checklists
- Manage loans of the venue to external organizations, providing planning guidance and overseeing adherence to guidelines and requirements
- WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE:
- Ensure that the office is fully operational, with all systems, utilities, technology and equipment functioning properly, and all supplies ordered and replenished
- Ensure our DC offices are aligned with our other EC offices to ensure service levels are consistent
- Oversee building vendor services provided and respective schedules
- Provide excellent customer service to our staff, guests, and vendors
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities to develop office systems and processes to improve the employee workplace experience - operate the offices at/ above established employee workplace experience standards
- Build relationships within the neighborhood and surrounding community to procure supplies locally
- Attend weekly Workplace Experience team meetings
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience of relevant event management experience, including venue management
- Interest in and familiarity with workplace experience and facilities management
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness, including the ability to self-monitor work to ensure high quality
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and remain calm in stressful situations and a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solutions perspective
- Enthusiastic teammate willing to address anything from small tasks to high-profile requests with a positive and customer service-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication, polished, and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Requires a flexible work schedule on an as needed basis, with willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Interest in Emerson Collective’s mission and alignment with values
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. This position is located in Washington DC and is onsite 5 days/week.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Emerson Collective
Something looks off?