Corporate Development & Ventures Associate
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
- You will run build/buy/partner analyses for teams across the organization
- You will track market developments and form relationships with acquisition targets in strategic areas
- You will cultivate key relationships with key constituents in the broader ecosystem (i.e. venture investors, angel investors, investment bankers, other strategics, etc.)
- You will conduct comprehensive industry landscape analysis to identify trends and acquisition targets; present findings to senior management
- You will assist with driving the end-to-end execution of mergers & acquisitions and venture investments
- You will build/own the financial models for M&A and investment related activities
- You will help lead cross-functional teams in due diligence, financial analysis and help internal stakeholders assess/mitigate risk, as well as align on key assumptions that drive the business plan
- You will help identity key value drivers of the acquisition and flag metrics to be tracked post deal
- You will assist with post-acquisition integration activities as needed
- You will help manage venture investment activities which includes sourcing, deal execution, and portfolio management
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate development at a tech company, a leading investment bank, or private equity firm
- Excellent financial modeling skills - Ability to build out P&L and Cash Flow statements and drive valuation via a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis. Candidate should also have a basic understanding of what type of synergies are available to a strategic acquirer, and help apply a rationale for calculating these
- A deep understanding of the SaaS business models, market and industry trends affecting the collaboration and productivity sector
- An understanding of the venture capital market and grasp of typical terms associated with early stage financings
For candidates hired in San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $109,600 - $128,900 - $148,200.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $98,600 - $116,000 - $133,400.
For candidates hired in all other US locations, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $87,600 - $103,100 - $118,600.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.