In-Product Motion Design Lead
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
At Dropbox, our brand is central to everything we do. Our technology may be complex, but interacting with it is delightfully easy. Our Brand XP team is a horizontal team that operates within Dropbox Brand Studio, focused on in-product brand. More specifically, we partner with product teams to build experiences for high impact areas of the business. Our mission is to shape the way people interact, perceive, and talk about the Dropbox brand and products with branded product experiences that help build trust, drive preference, and create affinity with our users.
We are hiring a motion design lead on the Brand XP team with a primary focus on how we bring our brand to life through motion within our product experiences. As our motion design lead, you will be responsible for partnering with design directors, illustrators, brand designers, and product designers developing motion-focused product experiences, overseeing multiple projects through execution with engineering and collaborating with various teams inside of Dropbox.
You will evolve and expand our current motion design principles, specifically for our in-product experiences. You will also work closely with design research, engineering, design systems and product design teams to deliver branded in-product motion as well as UI motion to the highest impact areas of the product. Motion is key to making our product feel premium, easy to use, and delightful. You’ll need to have end-to-end experience in motion from concept to technical execution with our engineers and design system partners for scalability.
- Proficient in working with illustrators and design directors on delivering animated brand assets in 2D/3D, ideation and concept development, working with engineering for implementation across desktop, mobile, and web surfaces – understands constraints of working within product.
- Familiar with systems level thinking and building out scalable motion tokens/guidelines to be reused within Dropbox. Also should have the ability to leverage and connect motion design with haptic feedback, accelerometer/gyroscope, as well as sound.
- Develop experience-oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives.
- Lead motion efforts across multiple functions inside Dropbox, and help to partner with additional motion design talent outside the company.
- 5+ years experience in a motion role (at least 2+ years in an product environment).
- A strong working knowledge of visual design, motion design and technical knowledge
- Recognized expertise in motion for interaction across desktop, mobile, and web
- Comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for motion design and related mediums.
- Proven track record for delivering in-product motion at high level of craft
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy