Senior Software Engineer - Canton Network
About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is at the forefront of innovation in blockchain technology. As the industry-leading software company, we specialize in creating and deploying sophisticated blockchain applications that are revolutionizing the way businesses operate. Our pioneering creation, Daml, stands as the backbone of smart contract platforms on the Canton Network.
Today, we work along with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts – a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack – to change the way applications are developed, deployed, and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset (DA) is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we aim to maintain the grounded, dynamic, collaborative, and pragmatic approach that has defined our efforts. If you want to help develop and deliver novel solutions with enormous impact, this opportunity may be for you!
The Canton Network (https://www.canton.network/) is the first open blockchain network designed with the control and interoperability needed to power synchronized financial markets. Following the huge market interest in the Canton Network TestNet launch earlier this year, we are now switching gears towards launching the Canton Network MainNet.
Building upon the solid foundations of the Daml smart contract language (https://daml.com/) and the Canton interoperability protocol (https://www.canton.io/), the Canton Network is a public network that will allow our customers to go well beyond siloed private deployments and build a true global ecosystem, opening the doors for every app developer to easily build new solutions that seamlessly and securely interact with their existing assets. Canton Network is pushing boundaries, and we need your help!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will have a unique opportunity to drive development and operations of a world-wide-scale public network. You will be joining an energetic team that is building from the ground up the foundations for the next wave of our deep-tech products. You will help us tackle some of the most challenging and complex problems, while delivering the best quality products for our customers in the financial industry and beyond. You will also help mentor and grow the next generation of great engineers.
If you are a highly skilled Software Engineer, with experience across the software stack, with proven ability to not only design, deliver and operate high-quality complex software systems, but also mentor, coordinate and collaborate across a distributed team, this position is for you!
- Contribute to the design and development of cutting-edge distributed ledger technology innovations.
- Work with external partners and customers who together are forming an ecosystem through trustful relationships.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Significant experience of 6+ years as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Excellent programming skills, ideally using a functional language (preferably Scala or Haskell).
- Proven experience across the tech stack, including backend, frontend, testing, CI/CD.
- Preferably strong DevOps background and passion.
- Proven history of delivering and operating high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products to a global market.
- Ability to work under uncertainty with changing requirements and priorities - focusing on the immediate steps while maintaining a good view of the larger picture.
- Collaborative approach that factors and embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Ability to communicate effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in writing and verbally, in-person and virtually.
- Experienced in building productive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Continuous growth mindset with strong disposition toward innovation and intrapreneurial ways of working.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE!
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.