DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay’s Public Policy Team develops policies and advocates for legislation that empowers our users, protects consumers, and supports the health of our business. Through our advocacy at the state and federal level, we are ensuring earned wage access (EWA) products are licensed as a new financial product and not through legacy regulatory frameworks. DailyPay’s public policy division combines policy development, direct engagement with policymakers at all levels of government, advocacy campaigns, research and analysis, and programs to promote financial wellness.
DailyPay is looking for an experienced legislative counsel and policy professional. The Legislative Counsel will review, revise, and draft legislation as we shape the legal and regulatory framework for this new financial technology. This expansive role goes far beyond legislative analysis.
You will work with stakeholders across the company and the EWA industry to develop and support the adoption of policies that best serve our platform users and the businesses who employ them.
This is a J.D.-required role (please note that while a J.D. is required, this role is not on the Legal Team).
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Conceptualize, draft, and advise on legislative and regulatory proposals at the state and federal levels.
- Collaborate with other members of the Public Policy Team and business units throughout the company -- from Product to Finance to Operations -- to help advance DailyPay’s legislative and regulatory efforts.
- Engage with research institutions and think tanks to continuously track, test, and examine the positive impact that DailyPay has on its users’ financial health.
- Work with counterparts at peer companies to build industry alignment on important policy issues.
- Represent DailyPay in conversations with bill drafters in state legislatures and Congress, other responsible EWA providers, substantive trade associations, and others.
What You Bring to The Team:
- You have a J.D. with a strong academic record and a demonstrated record of success as a lawyer focusing on legislative and regulatory issues.
- You have 5+ years of experience drafting and analyzing legislative proposals, regulations, and legal opinions.
- You are a registered member of at least one state bar.
- You are a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate.
- You have worked in a state legislature, at a trade association, or in-house at a technology company.
- Bonus points for consumer protection law experience and experience in multiple states
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Pay Transparency. DailyPay takes a market-based approach to compensation and compensation may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The salary ranges are listed by geographic tier. Additionally, this role may be eligible for variable incentive compensation in addition to stock options. Where a candidate fits within the compensation range for a role is based on their demonstrated experience, qualifications, skills and internal equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.