Director, Strategic Initiatives & Business Operations, Office of the CEO
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay is looking for an analytically-minded and solutions-oriented Director of Strategic Initiatives & Business Operations to manage initiative and business performance and identify and evaluate opportunities for operating enhancements. Reporting to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the CEO, this role will work closely with the DailyPay’s executive leadership team and cross-functional business owners to ensure priorities and progress are aligned to the strategic roadmap and corporate objectives. A successful leader in this role will create transparency to performance, supporting accountable leaders to prioritize initiatives and optimize effective cross-functional execution.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Strategic Initiatives:
○ Support executive leadership team to identify, evaluate, and prioritize strategic initiatives to support progression of strategic roadmap and vision
○ Create and operationalize frameworks to drive transparency, progress, & business accountability for execution and success of strategic initiatives
○ Lead dedicated end-to-end project management for select priority cross-functional strategic initiatives, as prioritized by CEO
- Business Operations
○ Partner with business owners and operational teams (data, finance, revenue ops) to develop executive dashboards, reporting, and tools to provide transparency to business performance
○ Operationalize routines and cadences including our weekly cross-functional operating meetings, and other meetings/programs that facilitate swift and effective issue resolution across the company
○ In partnership with business leaders, leverage reporting and routines to identify operating gaps and opportunities to enhance performance & realize strategic roadmap
○ Lead research and analysis & partner with cross-functional stakeholders to further understand gaps and and synthesize findings into strategic recommendations presented to accountable owners
○ Support business owners to operationalize solutions, organizing the enhancements as formal initiatives where appropriate, including tracking of success metrics
What You Bring to The Team:
- 7+ years experience in management consulting, a job with ample executive exposure, or time on a business operations or strategy team
- Ability to execute with conviction and good judgment with limited guidance; needs minimal direction in an ambiguous context to take action and then adapt quickly
- Naturally analytical mindset with ability to break down and communicate; just as comfortable in a spreadsheet as a slide deck
- Experience in a highly cross functional role and ability to clearly describe and work within the organizational dynamics of a fast-growth company
- Discretion, executive presence, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Advanced problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills
- World class project management skills
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Pay Transparency. DailyPay takes a market-based approach to compensation and compensation may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The salary ranges are listed by geographic tier. Additionally, this role may be eligible for variable incentive compensation in addition to stock options. Where a candidate fits within the compensation range for a role is based on their demonstrated experience, qualifications, skills and internal equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.