DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. The Staff Accountant will use their analytical skills to process and reconcile financial data, as well as ensure all activity has been recorded in our systems of record. The Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to enhance our existing day to day processes and help design new processes that leverage technology to drive efficiency. The Staff Accountant role is located in New York City and will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Participate in the month-end close, which includes preparing monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations in order to meet required deadlines
- Support external quarterly and annual audit requirement
- Assist with the monthly fluctuation analyses for the balance sheet, P&L, and other financial statements
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- Perform other accounting/administrative functions as necessary, as well as special projects as assigned
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments on an ongoing-basis as part of the day-to-day accounting operations
- Participate in various ad-hoc accounting projects as needed
What You Bring to The Team:
- 1-2 years of prior professional accounting experience in private industry and/or public accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with strong time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with International Accounting
- Experience with creating workpapers and enhancing processes
- Experience implementing new systems
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Pay Transparency. DailyPay takes a market-based approach to compensation and compensation may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The salary ranges are listed by geographic tier. Additionally, this role may be eligible for variable incentive compensation in addition to stock options. Where a candidate fits within the compensation range for a role is based on their demonstrated experience, qualifications, skills and internal equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.