Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Commercial Lending team sources, originates, and services portfolios of Business loans of all types; Line of Credit, Term & Asset Based loans and as a C&I Loan Underwriter, you play a key role. We are looking for an Underwriter to support our growing corporate loan business by analyzing financial information for both Public and Private Company’s and collaborating with internal and external customers to provide recommendations on loan risk.
The Commercial Lending team cares about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you like CHALLENGING PROBLEMS, SELF MOTIVIATED, ARE ANALYTICAL, A CRITAL THINKER AND A GREAT TEAM PLAYER—we want to hear from you!
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial information to form a recommendation of approval or denial of new loans.
- Understanding dynamics of a publicly traded entity, stock prices along with history of capital raises.
- Understanding Warrants and associated modeling as part of the loan structure.
- Prepare and present analysis and recommendation to Loan Committee for final approval.
- Collaborate with clients, Business Development Officers, team members and third-party providers to gather all necessary information to present an accurate and complete picture of the loan presented.
- Maintain a professional level of interaction with clients, bank employees and department members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of underwriting experience from a Large Financial Institution in the Finance, Commercial Lending or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking credit policies and procedures, credit/financial statement analysis, loan structuring, cash flow analysis and detailed oriented.
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting principles, tax return analysis, corporate debt structuring and analytical interpretation of balance sheet and income statement analysis, projections, and cash flow.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in a commercial bank environment.
- Proven track record of completing reports and having transactions approved.
- Effective business and professional writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.