Quantitative Strategist, Manager
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for
The Quantitative Strategies Group (QSG) at Cross River is looking for a Quantitative Strategist to join its fast-growing team. The team sits within the Capital Solutions Group (CSG) and serves as a hub for quantitative modeling, research, analytics, and rapid prototyping for various functions across the bank. On a day-to-day basis, you will work on researching & building new modeling methodologies used to manage a multi billion consumer credit portfolio.
- Own, enhance and build upon current suite of quantitative tools and models. This involves finding quantitative solutions to problems often requiring to Lead quantitative research, evaluate new methodologies & writing production-ready code for a specific portfolio coverage within broader consumer credit asset class.
- Play a key role in championing and promoting Quantitative Investment by systematically introducing quantitative methods, tools and techniques to value add in the investment management lifecycle.
- Research and implement different type of risk and return measures. Work with the Head of Quantitative strategy to formulate novel investment ideas for multiple investment objectives- own the entire lifecycle of ideation, back testing, deployment and monitoring.
- Develop analytical solutions and tools to support the Trade Desk with pricing requests & ad-hoc analysis for Live Deals. Deliver other portfolio management tools, reports, metrics and data science products as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Financial Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or any another quantitative field. Special consideration for PhDs in above areas
- Experienced in use of both Machine Learning and Quantitative Finance techniques for fixed income/ credit modeling, investment management. If you have built ML based consumer score cards, Credit Derivatives pricing models (flow) and have exposure to portfolio optimization techniques – we would want to talk to you.
- 7+ years experience in Quantitative Finance – specifically in structured credit or broader fixed income asset class. Specific experience in portfolio construction, allocation and pricing will be looked upon favorably.
- Strong quantitative skillset and industry exposure to Supervised/Unsupervised Machine Learning models.
- Fluency in Excel & Programming - Python & SQL
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. Detail-oriented, excellent communication skills – written & verbal
Salary Range: $170,000 - $200,000
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.