Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
About Our Team
Cross River’s Data Platform team is made up of problem solvers hungry to build and perfect new products and systems. We have team members both on-site and remotely across multiple US time zones, and we understand the flexibility today’s engineers need. We collaborate, help and mentor each other, and check in on our progress and blockers frequently. We work together primarily within Teams, Git, and JIRA. Although we are in separate places, we still make space to know one another and have fun!
What We’re Looking For
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer that will report to the Director leading the creation of a new Data Platform. The ideal candidate has a Software and Data Engineering background focused on executing and enhancing modern data platforms. You will be responsible for building batch/distributed and real-time, highly-available pipelines while ensuring data quality is constantly maintained via DataOps best practices. You will participate as a key contributor on implementation of our enterprise data model.
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data pipelines
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of data engineering to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline and technology capabilities
- Institute data quality checks and implement monitoring in the pipelines to ensure confidence in the data
- Be a key contributor to the data modeling of the data warehouse
- Champion the automation of all data, tool, and cloud infrastructure processes
- Display strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principles and technology modernization
- Partner with business, and other engineering teams to design and build data pipelines
- Develop and maintain data platform documentation
- Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
- Leverage source code management best practices including git, pull requests, code reviews
- Perform SQL tuning as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software engineer with a strong Data focus or similar role
- 5+ years writing SQL with a strong understanding of 3NF, dimensional and denormalized data modeling (experience with DBT is a plus)
- 5+ years using Python, Pandas and Pyspark
- 5+ years maintaining enterprise data platforms on a major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- 2+ years working with an orchestration tool like Airflow
- 2+ years architecting container-based application/task execution with Docker
- 2+ years working with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with practices for data and table schema change migration
- Knowledge of high-availability, data replication and failover configurations across pipelines, infrastructure, and regions
- Experience with data privacy, security and regulatory concerns related to data management in Financial Services industries
- Working experience with Terraform scripts for Infrastructure as Code scripting is preferred
Salary Range: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.