Enterprise Risk Manager - New Product Risk
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated, high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is looking for a strong Risk Manager to join the team. This candidate must be self-motivated, results driven, and can work across different teams to support daily risk activities.
In this role you will assist the ERM Risk Director focusing on Risk Appetite and Reporting, specifically regarding risks and controls related to products and services.
The Risk Team cares about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you are a sharp thinker and problem solver, this will be a rewarding career opportunity for you.
- Work with product team and business units to execute the New Product & Service Approval (NPSA) process
- Conduct new product risk assessments for all new or modified product offerings, partnering with business units and functional areas
- Assist with establishing and implementing an annual existing product risk assessment methodology, leveraging Archer GRC tool
- Tracking all new product launch conditions and conduct Post Implementation Reviews
- Development of enhanced reporting related to products and service approval flow, and requisite pipeline
- Provide independent risk opinions and control recommendations across risk taxonomy
- The ERM manager will be responsible for development and maintenance of training materials, while also helping educate employees on risk management policies and procedures
Other Enterprise Risk Management Activities:
- Relationship Management: Support the business units with the management of risk and the integration of ERM processes and provide ongoing training and direction
- Assist the ERM Director in performing Risk Management duties as outlined in the ERM Framework
- Assist ERM Director in ad hoc activities, such as responding to Audit requests and Committee reporting
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of five years' experience in risk management at a bank, or a fintech institution
- Experience in New Product or Key Initiative Approval flows
- Experience in Enterprise or Operational Risk frameworks and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional collaboration skills and a desire to work as part of a high-performance team
- Familiarity in creating procedures, business requirements documents (BRDs), and/or training materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented, ability to meet deadlines and meet competing deadlines
- Integrity, ability to work independently, and strong problem-solving skills
Salary Range: $140,000.00 - $155,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.