Network Partnerships and Acquiring Program Analyst
Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for FinTechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
Cross River Bank (“CRB”) is a venture-backed bank reinventing payments and banking to power the financial services of the future. CRB is a leader in Payments and Marketplace Lending, providing cutting edge solutions to some of the largest and most innovative FinTechs in the market. As a bank that originates more than $2.5BN annually and manages more than $x.xBN in annual payment volume, we are building out enterprise risk management that is crucial to support our business growth.
What we’re looking for
Cross River is looking for a Network Partnerships and Acquiring Program Analyst to manage our relationships with the card networks (primarily Mastercard and Visa but also debit networks and The Clearing House). In addition, you will build out a merchant acquiring business that will be unlike any other merchant acquiring program that exists today. You will do this by working closely with the card networks and, if needed, acquiring processors. You’ll drive the program-level execution, adapting as you go, and we learn more. You’ll define the real customer problems we can solve, now, through the next five years, and beyond, and find ways that we can solve them that are viable and sustainable for the business.
- Manage and own CRB’s relationship with the Payments Networks (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Debit Networks, TCH) including participation in new initiatives from the network (incubator programs, new product roll outs, pilots, etc.)
- Communicate Scheme/Network requirements to internal and external partners.
- Register Merchants, TPA and vendors with the networks
- Manage network costs, ensure accurate billing and pass through
- CRB’s resident expert on Networks, with a clear understanding of day-to-day Network operations, files shared, business objectives they serve, fee structure and so on.
- Provide updates to Billing on network pass-through fee changes.
- Expert on all Network related processes, including settlement for each of the Card Products offered.
- Work closely with Sales and client interfacing teams to track our customer needs and ensure they’re being addressed, and help communicate our roadmap and timelines back to the customer
- Education and training on Network requirements ISOs and PFs
- Be a subject matter expert for merchant acquiring initiatives of the Bank
- Assist with the Due Diligence process of new prospective Third Parties and merchants
- Possess sound judgment and flexibility in changing course and solving problems swiftly as you will join a fast-growing team where a lot of processes are not set in stone.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker who has a deep understanding of merchant acquiring and is ready to challenge the status quo in the industry
- Experience with Visa Direct and MasterCard Send
- At least 6 years’ experience in Merchant Acquiring, preferably at a Network, Bank or Processor.
- Deep understanding of difference between ISO, ISV, Payfac models highly preferred.
- Experience establishing vision and strategy and getting buy in from internal stakeholders.
- Experience in regulated financial services industries, FinTech, or retail banking preferred
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.