Lease Privacy Officer
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for overseeing all ongoing activities related to CR's Privacy Program including the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures related to the bank's privacy practices. Oversight and monitoring to include the bank's privacy notice and statement, information sharing standards, privacy breach incidents, cybersecurity, and privacy safeguards in the offering of the bank's products and services through its various business segments and distribution channels.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop, implement, and oversee appropriate Privacy compliance program and control environment in accordance with regulatory expectations and in alignment with enterprise standards
- Ensure Privacy program standards are consistently applied across the CR footprint throughout each business segment
- Provide regular reporting to CR’s Chief Privacy Officer on CR privacy-related matters including material privacy incidents, breaches and events that may impact CR’s privacy risk profile.
- Provide guidance and advice on privacy-related matters and participate in the development of processes and controls to ensure compliance will all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Work with business areas and affiliates on developing information sharing protocols and governance around information sharing. Establish mechanisms to track access to client information and privacy breach incidents and perform analysis to identify necessary changes.
- Handle annual privacy notice mailings, including updates to notice, policies and statements.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Measure privacy risks through KPIs/KRIs.
- Review vendors that pose privacy risks to the organization and establish controls and monitoring to mitigate risks.
- Review enterprise privacy training, privacy-related complaints, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures.
- Promote activities to foster information privacy awareness across organization.
- Participate on various bank privacy committees and related projects/initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and information privacy technologies.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of privacy compliance or banking compliance experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with privacy regulations (i.e. TCPA, GLBA, Reg P, Identify Theft Red Flags, state privacy laws)
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with bank operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of privacy and banking compliance laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects. (very focused function area)
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines
Salary Range: $170,000.00 - $200,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.