Accounting Manager, General
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
- Oversee the monthly general ledger close process and financial analysis related to close
- Oversee accounting, reporting, and reconciliations related to the CRE and SBA loan portfolio
- Manage complex accounting areas including eliminations, equity, and intercompany
- Lead the monthly general ledger reconciliation process with an eye towards process improvement and enhancements
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and company policies.
- Manage and mentor the accounting team, providing guidance, training, and development opportunities to ensure team members are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and resolve any accounting issues or discrepancies.
- Manage internal and external audit requests related to operational accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA certification preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in corporate accounting, and public accounting, preferably in financial services or fintech
- Strong understanding of GAAP, FDIC regulations, and other accounting standards
- Proven experience in leading month end close
- Experience managing external audits and liaising with external auditors
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop team members
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as ERP systems and advanced MS Excel skills
Salary Range: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.