Fintech Partner Model Oversight Senior Analyst
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We’re Looking For
The team is looking for someone who, in addition to having strong technical modeling and validation background, has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, is self-motivated, detail and results oriented, and comfortable working with people. This individual should be able to work in a self-directed manner, deal with ambiguity, prioritize projects, deliver timely results. This role requires a person who is creative, an ambitious self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, who can adapt quickly to the fast-changing environment in Fintech Lending.
- This role will participate in a team that performs full end-to-end model validation across all products and platforms
- This role is responsible for creating and reviewing reports for validation
- This role will require to interact with multiple teams across the organization
- The role will focus primarily on credit models
- The successful candidate should also be comfortable producing technical documentation for validation activities
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that is responsible to ensure completion and review of all aspects of validation activities:
- ongoing model performance monitoring,
- evaluating and challenging technical choices in model development and implementation,
- testing the adequacy of modeling solutions,
- conducting data quality analysis for data used in risk quantification,
- challenging modeling data choices and assumptions,
- assessing model overlays developing challenger models,
- identifying model weaknesses and limitations and reviewing technical work performed by model developers to remediate validation findings.
- Undergraduate degree or Masters in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Economics, or Finance)
- 3-7 years of experience in predictive modeling, development and validation, or analysis
- Good understanding of model risk management activities across the model’s life cycle
- Familiarity with SR 11-07 and the regulatory Model Risk Management Framework
- Familiarity with unsecured loans and credit card products a plus
- Competency with technical data science tools such as SQL, Python, R; and data visualization tools
- Experience a model development, ongoing model performance monitoring or model validation function
- Familiarity with traditional model building methods such as linear regression, logistic regression, as well as ML algorithms and practices
Salary Range: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.