Accounting Policy Associate
Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we’re looking for
Cross River’s Accounting Policy team reports directly into the Controllership function within the Finance department. As an Accounting Policy Associate, you will play a key role in continuing to build the Accounting Policy function. The successful candidate will be a key contact to businesses and Accounting teams seeking accounting guidance on complex and unusual transactions, monitor new accounting pronouncements and evaluate impact to the Company, collaborate with businesses to interpret new and modified contracts terms and the impact on accounting recognition, and keep organized documentation through memorandum and tracking for submission to senior leadership.
This role is a highly visible role with opportunity to learn about different business structure and deals, in addition to collaborating with various departments and external auditors. The role reports directly into the Accounting Policy Manager.
- Review new business contracts and business products to ensure
accounting impact is properly captured.
- Evaluate existing contracts to ensure proper booking models are applied.
- Assist with the review of year-end US GAAP financial statements from a policy perspective and provide insight and comments to preparers.
- Collaborate with Accounting on a monthly basis to provide booking guidance on complex entries and transactions.
- Provide accounting and process improvement guidance based on prior year audit concerns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including, auditors and internal departments such as Capital Markets, Credit and Risk Management.
- CPA required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting, SEC Reporting or Accounting Policy
- Demonstrable knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent written, analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to obtain facts, understand business structure, articulate the accounting guidance and requirements and communicate conclusion reached to stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to all stakeholders.
- Proactive and organized with a positive mindset.
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?