Head of Lending Controls
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated, high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in a multifaceted financial management function, including recent experience as a Controller, or a similar level position, for an organization. Prior experience working in Fintech or banking is highly desired. The successful candidate must be a team-player, a collaborator with other directors and managers who has effectively interacted, both internally and externally, with individuals at all levels, including individuals on the Board of Directors, investors, financial officials and senior government leaders.
- Oversee the month-end activities of the Marketplace Lending team and improve timeliness and accuracy of reconciliations and reporting
- Coordinate and review the Marketplace Lending team’s reporting as part of quarterly/annual financial statement and regulatory filings
- Partner with IT function to develop or procure specialized technology solutions to improve the control and reporting capabilities of the team
- Enhance financial and accounting processes including creation of efficiencies in data quality and reporting
- Develop monthly financial analysis framework for variances, anticipated issues/opportunities, and strategic and tactical recommendations
- Interpret new and existing product agreements to determine and apply correct accounting treatment (in conjunction with Accounting Policy)
- Ensure adequate controls are maintained including associated supporting documentation
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to internal and external auditors
- Develop the Marketplace Lending accounting team and develop the team’s technical skills while maintaining efficient work allocation and high morale
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major
- 7+ years of experience in financial reporting and accounting
- Supervisory experience required
Salary Range: $175,000.00 - $200,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.