Co-Head of Marketplace Lending Reporting and Controls
Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in a multifaceted financial management function, including recent experience as a Controller, or a similar level position, for an organization. Prior experience working in Fintech or banking is highly desired. The successful candidate must be a team-player, a collaborator with other directors and managers who has effectively interacted, both internally and externally, with individuals at all levels, including individuals on the Board of Directors, investors, financial officials and senior government leaders.
- Oversee the month-end activities of the Marketplace Lending team and improve timeliness and accuracy of reconciliations and reporting
- Coordinate and review the Marketplace Lending team’s reporting as part of quarterly/annual financial statement and regulatory filings
- Partner with IT function to develop or procure specialized technology solutions to improve the control and reporting capabilities of the team
- Enhance financial and accounting processes including creation of efficiencies in data quality and reporting
- Develop monthly financial analysis framework for variances, anticipated issues/opportunities, and strategic and tactical recommendations
- Interpret new and existing product agreements to determine and apply correct accounting treatment (in conjunction with Accounting Policy)
- Ensure adequate controls are maintained including associated supporting documentation
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to internal and external auditors
- Develop the Marketplace Lending accounting team and develop the team’s technical skills while maintaining efficient work allocation and high morale
Education, Requirements, and Preferences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major
- 7+ years of experience in financial reporting and accounting
- Supervisory experience required
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Salary Range: $175,000.00 - $185,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?