Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated, high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s reporting team oversees the preparation and delivery of all financial reports at Cross River, and as Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, you play a key role. The successful candidate will be responsible for first line oversight of weekly and quarterly regulatory reporting, as well as assuming first line responsibility for preparation and review of year-end US GAAP financial statements.
- Lead the preparation and review of year-end US GAAP financial statements, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory reports, including the Call Report, FRY9C, FRY9LP and other regulatory ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain a strong understanding of regulatory and accounting standards and monitor changes that impact financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Identify areas for process improvements and implement changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial and regulatory reporting processes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, auditors, and internal departments such as credit and risk management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the financial and regulatory reporting team, setting clear expectations and goals, managing performance, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide timely and accurate responses to regulatory and audit inquiries while maintaining an open and collaborative relationship
- CPA required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial and regulatory reporting or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of US GAAP and regulatory reporting requirements within a financial services context
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial and regulatory concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- Experience leading teams and managing people, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Salary Range: $175,000.00 - $220,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.