Product Manager, Card Issuing
Who we are
Cross River, a highly profitable and fast-growing FinTech infrastructure bank, is on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. Recognized for the fifth consecutive year by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global FinTechs, our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers banking, payments, lending solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for partners like Affirm, Stripe, and Coinbase, and their millions of consumers.
We’ve tripled in size over the past three years, boasting over 900 employees, originating over $55B in loans, and supporting 480K businesses through the recent paycheck protection program. Our strong sense of purpose and nimble, adaptive, and collaborative culture has earned us a spot on American Banker's list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last five consecutive years. Backed by prestigious investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, KKR, and Ribbit Capital, Cross River offers industry-leading benefits like family medical plans, generous time off, matching 401K, pre-IPO equity, a flexible and hybrid work culture, and a shuttle from Manhattan to the office.
What we enable for others is what matters to us: come join a motivated team of people who devote their careers to allow our partners to focus on promoting financial inclusion.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead the development and management of our Credit Card Issuing and BIN Sponsorship products. Leveraging our proprietary core banking platform, you will create seamless and efficient payment experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of banking and card payments and will have a proven track record of developing and executing successful product strategies in this domain. Your ability to prioritize segments and customers, create roadmaps, and navigate the complexities of payment processing will be essential to your success in this role.
You will join an exciting, recently revamped, Product team that deeply cares about growing with people who question assumptions, have strong judgement, execute fast, take ownership, act responsibly, help the team advance and improve its standards.
- Lead development and management of Card Issuing and BIN Sponsorship
- Define and execute product strategy to maximize impact
- Communicate product vision and goals effectively to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap
- Transform roadmap and business requirements into well-defined product requirements
- Maintain feature backlog and oversee end-to-end delivery of solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure seamless integration and adoption of solutions
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices
- Monitor and analyze product performance and use data-driven insights to drive continuous improvement
- Proven track record of building Cards products or Programs on processors or Card program managers
- At least 3 years of experience in payment card issuing or processing
- Strong understanding of card transaction processing, including technical and commercial aspects
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute data-driven product roadmaps
- Experience navigating industry regulations and best practices related to card issuance
- Hands-on experience in developing roadmaps, writing features and user stories, grooming product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing requirements
- Strong customer-centric mindset with excellent communication skills
- Experience with other FinTech areas, such as other Payment products
- Demonstrated success in implementing Objectives and Key Results, pre and post-launch
- Some understanding of the regulatory and compliance requirements around card issuing
- Experience supporting audit requests and activities
- A passion for building products and capabilities that solve real consumer needs, with an emphasis on API solutions, open banking, or other trends in the financial services space
Salary Range: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?