Accounting Manager, A/P
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Accounting team handles the core accounting responsibilities at Cross River, and as Accounting Manager, you play a key role. You will be responsible for leading and supporting the day to day activities for all aspects of accounts payable, ensuring compliance with internal controls, while leading and mentoring the AP team. You will also be responsible for all accounting related entries, reconciliations, and review for Non-Interest Expense. This role requires strong communication skills as you will be frequently interacting with other Cross River employees (including senior executives) to ensure compliance, remediate issues, and provide guidance.
The Accounting team cares about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you like challenging problems, are analytical and a great team player, we want to hear from you!
- Oversee staff of three, including the Accounts Payable Manager and two AP specialists
- Review and post to the General Ledger for all vendor invoices, payroll, 1099 time sheets, credit card transactions, wire payments, manual journal entries, and others
- Review all non-interest expense accounts on as monthly basis and direct correction/reclasses as needed.
- Reconciliation of all cash/checking accounts on a daily basis.
- Provide FP&A and senior management with ad hoc reports on spend/expenses by cost centers as needed.
- Certification of all applicable GL reconciliations on a monthly basis. Ensure team reconciliations are performed in a timely manner and appropriate support is provided.
- Complete monthly fluctuation analysis on flagged accounts and provide commentary/responses to accounting governance team.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to prepare monthly entries for internally developed software, maintain relevant schedules for developer/consultant time and related software projects.
- Prepare monthly entries for employee benefits, including medical claims and FSA distributions.
- Respond to all audit requests (internal and external) in a timely manner. Develop remediation plans as needed.
- Oversee annual 1099 process
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role
- CPA is required
- Candidate must have a bachelors degree in accounting or a related finance field
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels
- Experience with SAP Concur – Prologue - Workday
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Expert proficiency in Excel
Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.