Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the fourth year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services, and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
This position reports directly to the Head of Talent and Learning. We want candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. If you are all these, and you have a solid Learning/Talent background, we want to talk to you.
You are responsible for:
- Leadership, value assurance, development, and execution of Learning and Development across the organization in partnership with HR Business Partners
- Align development programs to organizational values and business priorities
- Ensure compliance with legislative and HR policies and compliance standards within area of functional responsibility
- Effectively vet, partner and evaluate 3rd party learning and development vendors
- Utilize compliance, regulatory, talent and learning data analytics to proactively forecast talent and learning business demand along with identifying potential for product and service development and/or improvements
- Staff Learning and Development to ensure sufficient resources available to deploy to meet business talent and learning development needs
- Coach and mentor team members in support of their reaching their full potential with respect to their performance and professional development. Actively encourage personal growth and self-development
- Assure most effective adult learning methodologies are implemented where appropriate (Accelerative, Experiential, Blended, Workplace Learning, etc.)
- Implement programs/activities supporting the management of the full lifecycle of the organization’s talent pool
- Evolve our compliance/technical/leadership program offerings to build a culture of continual learning
- Partner with departmental leadership and HRBPs to identify talent needs at the individual and group level; design, develop, and deploy on-the-job, along-the-job, and off-the-job scalable solutions such as assessments, technical, compliance, coaching, mentoring, and on-demand programs optimizing the learning experience to meet identified needs
- Foster an innovative and sustainable learning environment through coaching, mentoring, and providing continual feedback, combined with creative solutions for all levels of employees
- Serve as an internal expert on latest industry trends in compliance, technical learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and vendors in the marketplace
- Maintain Talent and Learning industry knowledge through active participation in educational events and publications
- Manage related leadership and employee development learning activities/events end-to-end
- Active participation in special projects and on-demand assignments
• Bachelor’s degree in associated field to experience
• Minimum of 8 years demonstrated Learning & Development experience required
• Subject Matter Expert in the entire area of Learning, including design, leadership, organization effectiveness
• Advanced knowledge of banking/finance industry regulatory compliance and standards
• Advanced knowledge/skills/certifications of adult learning principles, accelerative learning, blended learning, workplace learning, organizational learning, social learning
• Experience leading, motivating, and developing a high-performing team to effectively deliver business outcomes
• Expert to master Facilitation
• Learning Management Systems and advance technologies desired
• Knowledge of HR principles and practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to confidently interact with senior management and partnerships at all levels of the organization
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Well-developed planning and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Meticulous attention to details
• Strong contract and budget management skills
• Influencing, working, and delivering through others
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
• Fluent in the English language (both written and spoken)
Hourly Rate: $35.00-$70.00/hour
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?