Implementation Manager, BaaS/Cards
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
We're looking for a hands-on customer facing Implementation Manager to manage Cross River’s growing complex BaaS & Cards client base. You will join a team of Implementation Managers reporting to the Head of Implementation, BaaS & Cards, and will be responsible for the delivery of multiple client Implementation projects.
Our Team's Role:
- Customer Focus: You have an incredible passion around making sure to always exceed our customer's expectations. You push yourself to ensure our customers are successful and have high regards for Cross River's service.
- Problem Solver: You enjoy problem solving, and always thinking outside of the box to find creative solutions to challenges. When things get tough, that's when you excel and rise to meet any obstacle, and get things done!
- The Tech and Non-Tech: You have a background in API applications and are comfortable working in a technical environment, where you are the bridge between technical teams and technical/non-technical teams. We will help you come up to speed on Cross River's capabilities, non-technical processes, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers, and are able to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about many topics.
- Project Management Master: You will use your project management skills to meet the unique challenges of our client’s projects including complex requirements, multiple work streams and manage risks to timelines.
- Transparency and Communication: You are focused on completion and communication of milestones, work streams and risks to the timeline, so all teams and levels are connected and know what’s already happened and what’s happening next. You will know when to escalate and when to solve on your own.
- Manage a portfolio of Client Implementation Projects ensuring their programs are implemented flawlessly and on time
- Build and own a full launch plan including all impacted areas and activities required to successfully launch a BaaS & Cards client
- Manage all meetings and communications around Implementation with client including full plan ownership, meeting minutes and key takeaways, updating any systems such as Monday.com, Salesforce or whatever is required and used to manage tasks
- Hold task owners accountable for on-time and quality delivery of key milestones
- Work collaboratively and serve as the customer’s primary point of contact as they onboard their program to Cross River - guiding them through technical documentation, milestones and troubleshooting issues that arise during their implementation.
- Manage and own all required BIN or network setups for each client Implementation with Visa, Mastercard, Amex and other networks
- Work directly with associations, processors and other key points of contact to be in-synch and understand each other’s dependencies.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure the customer implementation is progressing smoothly. Communicate with points of contact for each critical area such as operations, compliance, product, senior management, etc.
- Be the “voice of the customer” and participate in project retrospectives, data insights and continuous improvement around the Implementation process
- 5+ years in a Project Manager or above role in a technical customer facing project delivery capacity
- Experience with complex projects with multiple parties and stakeholders
- Experience working with APIs (you don’t need to be a developer but you must be comfortable discussing the ins and outs of our API)
- Experience with Monday.com, Salesforce (or similar tools) are a plus
- Superior ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly (verbally & in writing), tailoring recommendations based on customer needs and evolving offering
- Understanding of fintech (e.g. issuing, networks, point-of-sale), electronic payments or large-scale customer technology project management
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedule
- Great organizational skills. Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver projects on time
- Highly self-motivated and feels at home working aggressive schedules
- Able to build strong working relationships across multiple teams
- At home and at ease with technology and our new found environment of working virtually
- Advanced communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.