Who we are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for
In this role, the Audit Manager assists in the completion of the annual Internal Audit Plan by independently planning and conducting internal audits from start to finish; assigning, reviewing and supervising work of staff auditors; and, conforming to Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Audit activities include: pre-audit planning and audit program drafting; identification and assessment of risks; designing and completing testing of internal controls and operating procedures; reviewing for compliance with bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; drafting initial findings and audit reports; and providing sound recommendations for improvements or corrective action. The Audit Manager will also assist in the administration of Internal Audit and the Board of Directors’ Audit and Risk Committee activities.
• In accordance with the annual audit plan and schedule, as assigned, independently plan and conduct internal audits and tests applying a risk-based audit methodology and Institute of Internal Auditors’ standards. Following the completion of internal audits and tests, the Audit Manager determines results based on own discretionary judgement and makes recommendations for future improvements where needed.
• Complete all assignments within established timetables to enable the issuance of all audit reports and other deliverables by the applicable deadline(s). This may also include ad hoc projects and special investigations.
• Create business monitoring quarterly summaries evidencing monitoring of the risk environment and assessing the emerging risks discovered through the Business Monitoring process.
• Build client relationships. Interact confidently, courteously, and professionally with clients at all levels, external audit, examiners and audit vendors’ teams, and proactively assist other staff members during busy periods.
• Demonstrate progress in understanding clients’ businesses, group and department interrelationships and operations, and apply this knowledge to document and draw appropriate conclusions on the effectiveness of the clients’ controls
• Develop knowledge of key regulations that influence audit scope.
• BA/BS or equivalent required. Related certifications a plus (CPA, CIA, CRCM, CISA, CFSA)
• 5+ years of Internal/External Audit related experience in banking, other financial institutions, public accounting, and/or regulatory agency required
• Capital Markets or Risk Management audit experience required
• Self-starter and ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Salary Range: $110,000.00-$160,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?