Director of Sales Development
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
We are looking for our first Director of Sales Development to play an indispensable role in opening the second office in Coast's history in Salt Lake City, Utah. This role will report directly to the Head of Sales and work closely with Marketing, Customer Service, and more!
- Act as “Head of Office” for Coast’s second office site, including all General Management and office oversight responsibilities
- Hire, train and onboard new BDRs to Coast
- Help continue to develop and refine Coast’s outbound and inbound sales development model and strategy
- Help re-envision Coast’s Sales Development hierarchy and structure, including leveling and advancement criteria
- Act as a liaison between Head of Customer Service to help act as “on-the-ground” leader to Customer Service Analysts
- Provide analytical thought leadership for GTM teams, delivering actionable insights to establish strategic operational priorities.
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Head of Revenue Operations to establish the best leadgen, automation, and measurement practices to drive effective top-of-funnel performance
- Develop processes, workflows, and incentive programs to help motivate teams and boost business performance.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual goals for teams and individuals, as well as action plans when required
- Work closely with Head of Marketing and compliance leads to refine prospect messaging and communication framework to maximize prospect engagement and conversion
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B Sales Development Leadership position at a fast-growing startup
- An excellent “Coach” with a clear history of hiring, promoting and “managing out” BDRs and other sales talent
- Creative problem solver with a “figure it out” mentality; keen business sense and ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop solutions, and execute with high degree of autonomy
- Expert-level knowledge of Salesforce and CRMs
- Strong familiarity with the general sales and marketing tech stack, including the use of software like Outreach
- Strong analytical, operational, problem solving, planning, time management, and project management foundation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.