Backend Engineer — Data
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
We're looking for an engineer to build out our data infrastructure. Robust data infrastructure is crucial for our product — working with live data is one of the biggest pain points of spreadsheets, and one of the biggest value propositions of Causal.
We need to be able to connect to any customer data, wherever it lives — accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, NetSuite), CRM (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot), payments provider (e.g. Stripe), and custom databases/data warehouses.
— Lukas (CTO)
- Build a unified system to manage all data pipelines (including health checks and alerting)
- Build robust data integrations and pipelines for our self-serve product
- Work with clients and our customer success team to gather requirements and implement pipelines to pull data from various data sources
- Have 4+ years software engineering experience
- Have experience at a Series A - D start-up
- Have some experience with our backend stack (Node/Typescript/Go/Python) and ideally also have experience with the modern data stack (dbt, Fivetran, ...)
- Be able to write clean + maintainable code with attention to performance and security, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Generous monthly remote wellness stipend, which can be used flexibly for daily lunch, gym membership, co-working, etc.
- Generous annual learning and development stipend
- Company retreats twice a year
- Remote-first (United States, Canada, United Kingdom) with physical spaces in London and NYC
We're building a new way to think and work with numbers. Causal is a tool for performing calculations, visualising data, and communicating with numbers. We take the good parts of spreadsheets and combine them with the good parts of programming, to make number-crunching fast, collaborative, and accessible to everyone. We are well-funded by some great VCs (Accel, Coatue, Passion Capital) and angel investors (Naval Ravikant, Scott Belsky, and many more) across the US and Europe.
We are a globally distributed team working remotely with members of our team on both sides of the Atlantic.