Senior Back End Full Cycle Developer
About The Role
We’re looking for a brilliant, curious, creative, and fun-loving Back End Full Cycle developer with a passion for data that’s ready to take on a huge opportunity to build April’s microservices, APIs, computation engine and financial platform!
We are looking for the full-cycle type that is comfortable and excited about doing everything from research to full blown production and operation and is not afraid of anything (in tech :P).
If you’re all that and looking to lead, invent, and grow professionally you should definitely consider applying to join us on our journey!
- Design and development of April’s (micro-)services.
- Be Part of our core engineering and leadership team developing our services and system architecture .
- Own the full product lifecycle from research to devops to scalable production
- Build cloud-native applications with a modern (gRPC), serverless microservices architecture.
- Help define and drive our best practices, and technology stack.
- Work closely with the product team to define the company roadmap and execute the development plans.
- Build our Backend infrastructure including APIs, microservices, computation engine, data collection and everything that’s customer facing.
- Design system architectures, select/evaluate tools, and open source projects to use within our architecture.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience building production-level microservices in large-scale products.
- 4+ years of experience with modern languages Python/Go/Rust/Dart/Kotlin or equivalent, developing large-scale applications
- Passion for clean code and agile work
- Strong architecture skills - ability to design for scale, velocity, robustness and readability of end-to-end solutions.
- Passion for data, customer experience, and building high-quality software!
- Excellent communication and a great team member. Work daily with our product, and the rest of the engineering team to make things work
- Experience with Google Cloud, gRPC, bazel build system - Advantage
- Experience with machine learning / data science - Advantage
April believes that every taxpayer should have a best-in-class tax experience, regardless of their background, income bracket, or what they can afford to pay. We build products to improve their financial wellbeing, reduce anxiety around taxes, and provide tools that put their taxes to work for them.
For financial institutions, April is a first-of-its-kind tax experience that is completely frictionless and integrated with the financial services ecosystem. Unlike other DIY tax solutions, we leverage and reinforce their relationship with their members, driving mutual value, savings and new offerings.
For developers, April provides simple and robust APIs for them to leverage every aspect of the US tax code, and perform calculations and AI-based simulations for creating new experiences within their application or platform.