Senior Business Development Manager, Prime
We are seeking an experienced business development manager to engage the top media publishers and influencers to work with Amazon’s Prime business. With its network of over 100,000 publishers, the Creators Program (also known as the Amazon Associates & Influencer Program) is a global leader in online marketing and one of the largest external paid traffic channels for Amazon. This position will have a single threaded focus on driving Prime membership growth from within the Affiliate marketing team in New York and will work closely with the marketing and retail product teams in the Prime business. Amazon Prime is on a mission to be the world’s most loved membership program, offering a range of benefits across shipping, video, music, reading, gaming and more. Prime helps millions of subscribers experience Fast Free Shipping, live sports events and access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Using your deep knowledge of digital and social media and a solution-oriented mindset you will develop opportunities for Prime across the media landscape. You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You're particularly adept at developing strong, one-to-one relationships and working closely and constructively with internal and external partners.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and drive monthly/quarterly/annual/long-term Prime and cross-Amazon acquisition, engagement, and revenue growth objectives for new and existing creators
- Develop business development growth strategy that aligns with overall Prime, creators, and Amazon strategies. Includes developing strategy to drive awareness, acquisition, engagement, and revenue for deal and seasonal events via creators.
- Develop pipeline of creators, opportunity size, and prioritize pipeline to deliver BD deals and performance that achieve strategy and growth goals.
- Pitch and negotiate to recruit and/or drive special deal terms with new and existing creators to achieve growth strategy, including leveraging economic and non-economic incentives (e.g. tech, marketing, and program opportunities). Work closely with account owners to drive Prime goals with already-managed creators.
- Monitor and optimize creator performance to achieve goals. Develop reporting methodologies and own data analysis and measurement.
- Represent the voice of the customer and creator to all stakeholders, driving for cross-functional solutions and tech innovations to meet customers' and creators' most critical needs.
- Influence internal and external stakeholder leaders of all levels across business, marketing, finance, program, product, and tech, including to seek roadmap resourcing.
- Create both simplified, scalable solutions and Think Big opportunities for creators, including identifying net new opportunities to drive growth.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- 5+ years of professional or military experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Ability to prioritize workload and deliver results against multiple aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements
- 5+ years managing external partnerships and stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.