Sr. Business Development Manager, Amazon Live, ASV - Monetization
Amazon Live operates at the intersection of content, commerce, and community, bringing stories to life through video content on Amazon Live.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and self-starter strategic business development manager to build proactive partnerships to drive advertising revenue for Amazon Live and Shoppable Video.
Strategic business development managers are proactive relationship builders with long term thinking. They achieve this by being experts on our product, Amazon Shoppable Videos (ASV) and working backwards from the brand's marketing objectives. They build trust by developing think big solutions based on a deep understanding of client's marketing objectives and their knowledge of ASV.
As a key member of the monetization team, you'll play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth, building a portfolio of video shopping solutions, and acting as a strategic partner (internally and externally) to ensure your customers' goals are met. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Amazon Ads offerings, understand brand marketing objectives, and know how to grow strategic partnerships.
You're a team player with an appetite to innovate, build, and scale. With a proven track record in growing commercial partnerships, you'll quickly earn trust and take initiative in a fast-paced and competitive market.
Key job responsibilities
• Forge partnerships with advertising agencies to drive adoption of and experimentation with Amazon Live
• Negotiate annual agreements with larger advertisers, including custom sponsorships and tentpole moments
• Translate customer feedback into actionable feedback
• Define and execute strategies for innovative video shopping advertising packages
• Proactively work with different internal groups and partners to create new platform features, tools and initiatives, to drive scaled monetization and improve the advertiser experience
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (marketing, go-to-market, product) to identify new growth opportunities
A day in the life
• We have a supportive and collaborative team culture that encourages innovative thinking and trying new ideas.
• Diverse client portfolio - this role works across a diverse group of cross-functional partners internally and externally.
• No day is the same - we are constantly innovating which makes this a dynamic and fun environment.
About the team
Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV) is a fast-growing business focused on enabling customers to find inspiration, information, entertainment, and community through videos at any point in their shopping journey. More than ever, shoppers worldwide use video (on demand and livestreams) to discover products, research and make more informed purchase decisions, and engage with creators and communities they trust.
Come define the future of video commerce! If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 6+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- 6+ years of professional or military experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.