UX Designer, Amazon Ads
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join us as we build innovative advertisement experiences across Amazon’s emerging devices. As a member within Amazon Advertising, your work will help us create best-in-class products. You’ll be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, and product management.
We are looking for a user experience designer that loves learning, and is passionate about investigating new technologies in emerging spaces. You should be excited to navigate ambiguous spaces connecting customers in new ways to brands. You will utilize a full range of skill—including: wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design—to bring these experiences to life. Your work will have strategic significance and high exposure. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners globally.
At Amazon we put our customer’s first in everything we do – including our advertising programs. We invest in building solutions that enable brands to connect with their customers—globally and at scale—where they shop, read, watch videos, and share online. The AUX team excels at distilling the needs of a diverse user base into experiences that balance efficiency with robust utility.
Key job responsibilities
* Own the UX of an emerging product with impact across Amazon
* Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
* Quickly and thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, design mockups, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives.
* Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI.
* Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
* Partner closely with other product and design teams across Amazon
* Mentor junior talent
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Los Angeles, CA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | West Hollywood, CA, USA
- 3+ years of design experience
- 3+ years of delivering design solutions as a UX designer or interaction designer experience
- Have an available online portfolio
- 2+ years of mass-market consumer web / mobile products experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Expert visual design acumen demonstrated through owning product design end-to-end.
- Mobile and tablet app design experience across multiple operating systems.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration and experimentation is encouraged.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management and engineering. (working directly with developers for implementation of designs).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $184,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.