Privacy Engineer, WW Ops Privacy
At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in global operations. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos, “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we happily invent new ones.”
The purpose of the Worldwide Operations Privacy Team is to manage privacy for the Worldwide Operations (WW Ops) Organization. Our focus is to ensure individuals are never surprised by what data we collect, process, and share and that we delight regulators with the quality, transparency, and accuracy of our privacy documentation. Everything we do is based on this focus. This leader acts as a security/privacy subject matter expert and works with legal and technology to support our strategic vision.
Key job responsibilities
- Autonomously develop and implement Privacy by Design strategy. Develop PbD technical architecture for all newly released applications.
- Create PbD standards to assist builders through development.
- Work with builders and developers to conduct privacy reviews and guide builders through their design, ensuring that privacy obligations are met.
- Develop Privacy Engineering strategy to contribute to the overall WW Ops Privacy strategic vision.
- Maintain a strong understanding of privacy regulatory developments and standards.
- Manage multiple privacy projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using data to drive results.
- Autonomously perform operational deep dives on privacy-related processes and systems and engineer mitigating measures to produce scalable solutions.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across WW Ops, Legal, and federated privacy teams to ensure privacy is considered in projects and decisions.
- Maintain or become an expert on AI/ML
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with any combination of at least 3 technical disciplines, including the following: privacy engineering, network security, application security, mobile security, secure development methodologies, software development and coding, identity management, authentication and authorization, network architecture, system administration, and systems engineering, differential privacy, machine learning, artificial intelligence.
- Privacy Certifications
- Graduate education involving Artificial Intelligence and privacy
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Team player with willingness to quickly pivot as privacy landscape shifts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $135,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.