Head of Payments Growth, North America
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
GPM | Head of Payments Growth - North America
Adyen is looking for a passionate Group Product Manager to take on the end-to-end responsibility, from building to driving growth and adoption, of our payment products in North America - one of Adyen’s key growth markets. This role comes with a lot of visibility, responsibility and has the potential - and expectation - to make a tremendous impact on Adyen’s success today and in the long term.
On one hand, you will be directly responsible for the Alternative and Bank Payment method product team and the regional Payment Partnerships team. On the other hand, this role requires a high level of joint responsibility and collaboration with both your regional peers as well as the Global Cards team, Channels (i.e. online, mobile, in-person-payments) and teams responsible for our wider range of payments products. This allows you and Adyen to build, optimize and grow a locally relevant offering with global scalability in mind, matching our merchants’ needs.
Our merchants are the fastest growing companies in the world, and we need to stay ahead of their needs to offer the best payment acceptance solution and performance at optimized costs for them, as well as the best payments experience to their customers. As shopper preferences are changing, the payment landscape in North America becomes more dynamic and we are in a unique position to adapt to those needs, offering a real subscription to innovation.
In this role you’ll drive the regional product strategy and optimize for country specific requirements and user experience, to drive the highest conversion rates for our merchants. Simultaneously, you’ll deliver on your regional responsibility with careful alignment to our global Payments Growth strategy, working as one team across regions and functions.
You will expand and evangelize our Payments Products, leading growth on innovative payment methods and trends, across Alternative Payments Methods as CashApp or OpenBanking, but also Cards and more. You will also ensure Adyen merchants gain measurable benefit from your teams’ efforts.
In this role you will:
- Work with engineers, product, payment partnership managers, designers and data analysts managers to build and drive adoption of the best products to help merchants grow and Adyen scale in the fastest and best way
- Own the regional strategy and work with cross-functional teams to drive growth and adoption of our globally scalable as well as locally relevant payment acceptance and wider product offering - always aligned with global strategy and through joint prioritization with your regional peers
- Listen to merchants, engineers, and industry partners to find problems that Adyen is uniquely positioned to solve
- Become a known thought leader for most relevant payment experiences in your region, with an emphasis on alternative and bank, and drive developments based on merchant feedback and industry developments.
- Drive end-to-end accountability in your team from strategy to execution, balancing foundational product health and success with continuous optimization and innovation
What you need to succeed:
- Experience - you have 10+ years of experience in the product scalability domain, directly managed teams and you also have experience in scaling a product organization; North America Payment experience is a must
- Knowledge - you understand and know how to work with: API’s, IT architecture, Front-end and Back-end Experience, UX, Compliance, Legal
- Strategy & Mindset - you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work with the product and engineering teams to bring this vision to life
- Commercial sense - you have experience in the competitive payments domain, understand pricing and have experience with developing simplified pricing models
- Partnerships - you have experience with partner networks, either at the network, issuer or product enablement side, to drive mutually beneficial scaling strategies
- Integrity - you have earned the trust of your technical and non-technical customers and colleagues, from the board level to support level
- Proven record - you have have launched and scaled products with quantifiable value
- Market-informed - you are familiar with the latest trends in the product scaling space, and developments in the domain of online payments from cards to open banking.
- Data-informed - you can guide analysts with the right questions to answer, and turn those answers into business value
- Business acumen - you have identified novel and significant revenue opportunities, and have convinced senior executives to invest in your product strategy
- Adaptability and creativity - plans and conditions always change, but you still positively navigate the right course
- Poise - sales asks you to sit with their customers, and marketing asks you to present at conferences.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Do you recognize yourself in this statement? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based in our Chicago office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.