Team Lead, Project Operations
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Project Operations
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join us to guide a team of Project Operations Managers (“POM”) in Amsterdam. Our Project Operations Managers focus primarily on the delivery and execution of complex global rollouts for our customers and ensure they go live with the Adyen solution in the quickest and most sustainable way possible. Our project management approach is very hands-on: the team has extensive product knowledge about our different solutions and is able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful rollouts. Project Operations Managers work on innovative complex projects ranging from In-Person Payments (IPP), Platforms, Card issuing programs and financial services.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Project Operations Managers to deliver a great customer experience and get customers live efficiently, with BAU processes that scale well. Act as a partner and escalation layer for the team, helping to navigate complex projects and technical challenges.
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication and feedback culture.
- Scaling up the team while preserving the Adyen formula and ensuring our unique culture is fostered.
- Collaborate with other teams and drive initiatives to grow the (global) POM organization, in size, quality and scalability.
- Help define and execute strategic initiatives with the goal of advancing our function's OKRs.
Who you are
- Experienced in managing a team (at least 2 years with direct reports); this will include performance review, coaching, setting goals and objectives. Experienced with (IT) projects within a large global company working in finance, retail or general technology.
- A proven track record of helping drive global process change, setting up tools and procedures so that Adyen continues to be successful from an operational perspective.
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to steer and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with a global team, adapting to international time constraints where appropriate.
- Clear understanding of the challenges of global commerce and the various components that are required of a client to be successful across different regions.
- Must be willing to work in the Amsterdam office (this is not a remote position).
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.