Senior Data Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
This is Data Connect
Adyen seeks a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Connect team in Chicago. This team is part of Adyen’s Data Solution strategy to enhance our client’s understanding of their customers. We’re looking for trailblazers with an entrepreneurial mindset to innovate, tinker and craft something entirely new from the ground up.
Within our team, you’ll tackle high-impact projects that all revolve around understanding our client’s customers. These include developing shopper recognition, attribution, and profiling products. You’ll work closely with your engineering and product teammates to quickly iterate across every phase of the product life cycle, from evaluating product market fit to release.
Senior Data Engineer
At Adyen, we treat data and data artifacts as first-class citizens. They form our backbone and drive the business and product insights we generate. To this end, Adyen is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Connect team in Chicago, a person that understands the business context and the data needs behind it, and knows how to implement quality data pipelines on our Big Data Platform. Your pipelines will fuel our expanding data product suite that our customers use to grow their business.
What you’ll do
- Work with product teams, product specialists and data analysts, analyzing their data and transcribing their data needs that render into data pipelines.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate production ETL/ELT pipelines in PySpark.
- Build data products and tooling according to quality principles such as performance, code quality, data validation, data governance and discoverability.
- Establish and spread data analytics best practices across the organization.
- Organize data analytics related training sessions.
- Develop linters and other tooling bespoke to Adyen to help ensure a high-quality pipeline codebase.
- We work hybrid, meaning you’ll work at least 3 days per week from the office.
- This is a full-time position.
Who you are
- You have 5 years of professional experience as a Data Engineer.
- You have experience building ETLs/ELTs, ideally in PySpark and Airflow.
- You have interest in data engineering practices and product knowledge, specifically in how to leverage the power of analytics into business.
- You have a good understanding of Software Engineering practices and Data Engineering principles.
- You are able to communicate complex outcomes with clarity over a wide range of audiences.
- Technology: Python and SQL are a must.
- Mentality: An experimental mindset with a launch fast and iterate mentality. A strong statistics/mathematics background is a plus.
Data positions at Adyen
We know companies handle different definitions for their data-related positions, this is for instance dependent on the size of a company. Since the birth of the Data Solution and the growth of all data streams, we categorized and defined all our positions. Have a look at this blogpost to find out!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.