Head of Sales, Platforms
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Sales, Platforms
We're hiring a dynamic senior leader for our Sales Leadership team. In this role, you'll oversee managers, drive growth and scale our Platforms pillar in North America. Adyen has a clear competitive advantage in the platform due to our Adyen banking licenses, offering a truly global solution and being built on a singular, interoperable platform. Our value goes beyond E-commerce and In-Person payments with a broad offering of financial services like issuing, business accounts, and credit covering the whole value chain. Adyen for Platforms is a comprehensive solution for marketplaces and platforms to accept and manage payments for sub-merchants or sellers. This past year, we saw Platforms process volumes of over 1 BN USD annually, a stunning growth of 15% yearly.
Check out our quick intro for the Platforms pillar, where Hemmo Bosscher, our SVP of Platforms and Financial Services, digs into the opportunity embedded finance presents to platforms. Learn more about the platforms' banking revolution here.
If you're ready to lead the teams that sell the best to the best, keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a senior, experienced team of Sales Team Managers and their teams of Enterprise Account Executives.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for growing the team and scale day-to-day operations.
- Adopt and influence the company's sales methodology/process and drive best practices on selling and forecasting.
- Develop best practices that enable the organization to scale more rapidly to deliver on revenue targets and support KPIs for growth.
- Engage with the largest strategic opportunities, leading executive relationships and helping the team win new customers.
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Adyen's product roadmap to meet customer needs.
- Partner cross-functionally across different teams (e.g., Marketing, Product, Partnerships, Account Management, SDR), regionally and globally
Who you are:
- A senior leader comfortable managing managers, scaling the sales organization further in the coming years, and end-to-end owning the commercial success of your department.
- Payments industry experience is a must-have for this role.
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise B2B context where sales cycles are long (6-18 months) and the sales approach is high-touch and consultative.
- Experience with transactional volume-based (as opposed to SaaS/seat-based) commercial models.
- Experience in maintaining the most senior executive relationships at significant Enterprise prospects and helping close those deals.
- Data-driven in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization while embracing 'hands-on' sales and qualitative success metrics.
- Act as an ambassador for the Adyen Formula
Other Job Details
- This role can be based out of our San Francisco or New York City office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- The base salary range for this role is $270,000-$290,000 + annual bonus + equity ; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.