Financial Risk NextGen
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition. For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
NextGen at Adyen
As a NextGen at Adyen, you'll have the chance to gain real-world experience and develop your skills by working part-time with one of our teams during the last 6-12 months of your studies. You'll learn about our company, products, and processes while collaborating with a full-time team on various projects to improve our operations. We encourage creative thinking and welcome your ideas for process improvement. Best of all, you can start your career at Adyen while continuing your education.
Financial Risk NextGen
We are looking for a Financial Risk Intern based in Amsterdam. As a NextGen, you will help us evaluate and manage the financial risk of our portfolio of merchants. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of responsibility, is a great communicator, reliable team member, and has an affinity for technology and a passion for finance. You will join a team of thirteen across Amsterdam, North America, and Singapore.
What you’ll be
- Performing detailed due diligence on the financial and risk position of Adyen’s customers;
- Communicate directly with Adyen’s sales, account managers and other teams to gather financial data and information to perform required due diligence.
- Presenting your due diligence and recommendations to the Adyen Merchant Risk Committee.
- Support the Financial Risk team members with their daily work and ad-hoc projects.
Who you are
- Finalizing your master's in Finance/Risk or a related study with sound Excel skills;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to share ideas and collaborate with team members;
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, unstructured environment;
- Take ownership of your deliverables and drive processes to completion;
- Keen interest in business and financial markets;
- Passionate about connecting and cooperating with colleagues across cultures and time zones.
- An interest in process automation and working with data is also valuable.
- You're registered and living in the Netherlands;
- You're graduating within 6 - 12 months (and currently enrolled in a study program);
- You're able to work from our Amsterdam offices;
- You can speak and write English on a professional level;
- You're available to work at least 16-24 hours a week
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you're from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don't be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is a part-time position based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles. It will require you to be based in the Netherlands and enrolled in a study program.