Senior Regulatory Compliance Counsel
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Meta, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Regulatory Compliance Counsel
Our fast-paced Compliance team is looking for an experienced European Regulatory Compliance Counsel with experience in Policy setting and providing practical business advice in relation to policies in the payments/finance industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to work as a business partner to connect and communicate with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Proactively identify obligations based on applicable financial regulation;
- Translate identified obligations into relevant Policies and Procedures to be communicated and implemented across the global business;
- For specific statutory responsibilities, including financial licensing, AML, CTF and Sanctions, to advise internal stakeholders, as well as Merchants, and also liaise with external stakeholders such as relevant regulators and supervisors;
- Represent compliance and regulatory on a variety of work streams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth;
- Strengthen knowledge management across the global business;
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a regulatory function within the payments/financial services industry;
- Your knowledge of the European finance and/or payment industry will be well established;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically you will be able to liaise and connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying industries;
- Your strong sense of initiative, independence and ability to take ownership will add value to a fast-growing business;
- You are an analytical thinker who can both draft and monitor the implementation of relevant Policies;