Project Operations Manager
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Project Operations Manager
As a Project Operations Manager based in Tokyo, you will focus primarily on the execution and delivery of complex global projects for the benefit of our clients. Adyen’s Unified Commerce philosophy gives clients a single platform to process all card payments, from in-store to mobile apps and e-commerce. This flexibility is a major differentiator in the industry and a prime example of Adyen’s innovative approach to payments.
Physical point-of-sale deployments are complex affairs that provide substantial logistical challenges, and due to our ongoing success in this area, we are looking to add a Project Operations Manager to our team in Japan. As an expert in delivering complex technical solutions, with experience in retail systems and implementation management of complex technical solutions, you will interact with internal and external stakeholders to create a seamless service deployment experience for clients looking to go live on our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our merchants point-of-sale rollout in Tokyo from start to finish, ensuring that a Merchant is fully prepared to deploy our solution within their physical stores
- Support technical partnerships discussions to ensure our solution is integrated to the cash registers our merchants use
- Lead knowledge sharing of this integrations within the company
- Work closely with clients’ project and technical teams as well as third parties such as technical integration partners to ensure that specific deliverables are made available in alignment with deadline
- Liaise with all parties within the delivery process to ensure that a client is fully prepared to deploy all stores in alignment with strict timescales
- Understand the network topology for clients network and providing best practices and helping to troubleshoot network issues.
- Collaborate closely with the commercial teams to identify merchants' pain points and elaborate the most suitable solutions for the Japan market
- Receive and provide feedback to ensure that improvements can be made to any future projects
Who you are:
- Experienced with setting-up complex, technical projects with multiple stakeholders
- At least 3 to 4 years of project management experience; experience in hardware or payments is a plus
- Hands-on to engage in existing processes and manage stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Able to interface and cooperate seamlessly with a global team, adapting to international time constraints where appropriate
- Strong problem-solving mindset with the ability to analyze and resolve network issues efficiently
- Great fluency, in both spoken and written English and Japanese
- Work experience abroad and/or in multi-cultural teams is a bonus
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally when required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based in our Tokyo office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.