Compliance Officer, Escalations
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Compliance Officer, Escalations
Our Compliance Escalation Team is looking for a Compliance Officer based in San Francisco that has strong technical Compliance knowledge and business acumen. In this dynamic role, you will support local 1LoD operations and the commercial teams in the US and Canada with ad-hoc compliance queries related to prospects/customers. You will proactively identify opportunities on how to efficiently incorporate any regional nuances into the Global Compliance framework and influence strategic decision making.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the Compliance point of contact for the commercial teams in US and Canada for all Compliance risk matters related to Adyen’s customers and prospects
- Perform and coordinate Enhanced Due diligence assessments for clients that present a higher risk for Adyen due to their products, service, geographical location and provide acceptance advice to Senior Management
- Identify and define how to further strengthen Adyen’s Products / Services Compliance risk framework, in line with Adyen’s risk appetite and the Company’s strategic objectives
- Act as a strategic advisor and driver to unlock strategic business verticals
- As a part of the Global Compliance Escalations you will be the eyes and ears for US and Canada and define in what ways Compliance can better support the business and operations teams locally on business challenges and opportunities
Who you are
- You have 4-8 years of experience in a 2LoD compliance function at a Payment Service Provider, Fintech or Financial Institution
- You have robust knowledge of Financial Economic Crime risks and extensive experience in performing risk assessments
- You have a solid understanding of Card Scheme rules
- You are an analytical thinker who can both draft and monitor the implementation of relevant policies
- You are hands-on and take full ownership and accountability over your projects
- Your strong written and verbal communication skills allow you to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- You have solid interpersonal skills, specifically you will be able to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers from varying disciplines and cultures
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
The annual base salary range for this role is $150,000-170,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our San Francisco office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.