Card Scheme Operations analyst
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Scheme Operations Analyst
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with Card Scheme regulations and our risk appetite. The Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our merchants are compliant with these regulations.
The Scheme Operations team is based in Amsterdam and works closely with its counterparts in Singapore, San Francisco and Brazil, as well as our Compliance department in Amsterdam. You will join a young and fast-growing team where a lot of processes are not set in stone. You are somebody who takes ownership, learns fast and has a critical mind as you are always looking for ways to optimize our risk-control efforts. Besides providing ongoing guidance to our Merchants, Underwriting and Commercial teams, you will also be in direct contact with the card schemes, such as Visa and Mastercard.
What you’ll do:
- You will join a young and growing team
- Take ownership over our operational merchant risk management (with a focus on compliance-related risks)
- Set up new processes to monitor our merchant portfolio against card scheme rules
- Manage merchants’ data security incidents from a scheme perspective
- Manage non-compliance notifications from the card schemes
- Work closely together with our Merchants, Account Managers, Card Schemes and other stakeholders to solve these cases quickly
- Identify relevant card scheme rule updates and provide ongoing guidance to our merchants and internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales and Account Management
- Work as an intermediary between the Compliance department and other teams
- Help internal teams establish strategies that align with global objectives to ensure controlled and sustainable growth of the business
Who you are:
- Previous experience with issuing will be considered a plus
- You are detail oriented and organised
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal supervision and run things like your own business.
- Knowledge of scheme rules, with specific experience in e-commerce landscape is a plus but not required
- Ability to convey compliance and card scheme requirements to our merchants and commercial teams
- Natural sense of urgency
- Solid people skills, specifically you will be able to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Possess sound judgment and flexibility in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.