Product Manager, In-person Payments
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, In-Person Payments
In-person payments at Adyen include not only payments made in stores on traditional payment terminals. We also facilitate shopper experiences on small card readers or even on phones. Adyen’s In-person payments solution is growing exponentially, and so we’re looking for a Product Manager to join the team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building the core of our in person payments processing, at many different levels. Help us improve the reliability of our solution, get creative on new tests and monitoring of our terminal estate, introduce new payment features and expand our solutions across the globe. You will be working very closely with our engineering teams to build and improve product features along with managing stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Product Management: Work collaboratively with engineers, design, data, operations, commercial teams, partners and merchants to improve our existing solution as well as working on industry revolutionizing products and features.
- Prioritization: Identify which projects are the most important for long term success.
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product.
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Drive proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organization to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are developing/managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features), commercial (pricing) and competition.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years experience as a product manager working closely alongside engineering teams in an innovative tech company.
- You are an extremely quick learner; you have outstanding analytical skills, and are not afraid to dive into complex, technical subjects.
- You can work well with engineering, design, data, operations and commercial teams, and feel comfortable speaking with merchants & partners.
- You are someone who is proactive. Plans and conditions always change, but you still navigate through any weather with a positive attitude.
- You can communicate in English fluently, both written and verbally, and are not afraid to get out there to let your voice be heard.
- You are looking for autonomy; the desire to be self directed.
- You have a demonstrated passion for tech, either in a previous role, in your education, or in some sort of pet project.
- Previous experience with any of the following are a big plus: Reliability, Testing and Monitoring, EMV, payments, API’s, webapps, IoT, hardware, supply chain.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.