Technical Support Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Technical Support Engineer
You will operate as a first interface with Adyen’s merchants across the globe. The cool thing is that you are directly working with the technical teams of our amazing merchant base. Changes you make for them have a direct impact on their ability to accept payments and further grow their business. In order to do this, you will be working closely with multiple different teams, such as Product Management, Development and Account Management.
Your team is extremely merchant-focused, highly motivated and thrives on shared success. You will be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. With Adyen being a 24/7 business, we operate using the follow the sun model. The extensive payments and technical knowledge of the team is the most valuable aspect for both, our merchants and internal functions.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customers with the help and instruments they need for them to successfully accept payments globally
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform, products, APIs, financial services, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical and operational problems to create the best possible merchant experience
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices as well daily operation practices and also addressing specific merchants’ issues
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organisation, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel
Who you are
- You love to provide operational and technical assistance to merchants and troubleshooting via phone, web-based tools and email
- You make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on urgency and necessity for both internal and external requests
- You’re creative and innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests
- You have a background of how financial services work such as reconciliation, reporting or payouts
- You’re able to solve problems by identifying issues via inferring from complex data sets or reading application or hardware logs
- You're a team player who takes responsibility for tasks and you enjoy working independently
- You're able to integrate seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences)
- You're fluent in English and Mandarin; other languages would be a bonus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Shanghai office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.