Head of Global Operational Support
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Global Operational Support
The Head of Global Operational Support role will require the ability to think globally as you play a pivotal role in ensuring our support team provides high quality service at scale. You will lead a talented team of 4 people managers who are responsible for the teams providing operational support and process improvement initiatives. Our operational support team is entirely staffed by Adyen employees, we do not outsource support to partners. Your strategic vision and leadership will be critical in driving the company's commitment to delivering exceptional service and maintaining the highest levels of efficiency.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the Operational Support function globally.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive operational support strategy aligned with the company's objectives and growth plans.
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement within the operational support team.
- Lead customer experience analytics efforts to measure and quantify impact of customer experience and service model, including defining key metrics of impact.
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional partners to creatively and effectively optimize our service processes and performance, always mindful of our customers’ friction areas in their respective journeys.
- As a member of the organization’s Management Team, build and cultivate strong relationships with leaders in the organization; serve as a trusted advisor for the different functions, partnering with them to maximize reach and impact in their areas of responsibility.
- Build and cultivate team leaders and members to excel in delivering outstanding customer service within their respective roles through mentorship, engagement, empowerment and seizing opportunities.
- Continuously assess operational processes and identify opportunities for enhancement and automation.
- Implement best practices and industry standards to optimize operational efficiency and reliability.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of proven experience in operational/level 1 support, customer success, customer experience; including 5+ years in senior leadership roles
- Data-driven, analytical and a problem-solver, able to prioritize amidst ambiguity and competing priorities
- Track record of success at leading and driving results cross-functionally, across multiple stakeholders
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Experience with fintech platforms, financial services, or payment systems is highly desirable.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments:
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique; we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 7 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 6 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.