Senior Product Designer (IPP)
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Product Designer - In Person payments
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer, with high affinity to work on complex UX topics, who will push boundaries, help Adyen elevate our design standards and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. Our payments team provides shoppers with an intuitive and pleasant payment experience on our range of payment terminals, while also managing the behind-the-scenes operations. With this team, you’ll help shape the future of frictionless in-person payments through innovative new software & hardware and work directly with our Product Designers, Product Managers and Technical Teams to deliver an experience that feels well thought-out no matter the payment channel.
What you’ll do
- Work on the core of In-Person Payments by improving existing transaction flows across the entire range of supported terminals.
- Work with PMs and Engineers to implement new payment methods for local and global markets.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers to optimize the UI (principles) across the full scope of physical and digital payments.
- Dive deep into source material and work on complex technical topics to find a way to enable the best possible end-user experience for all our merchants and shoppers across the globe.
This is you
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Interaction (Product) Design or related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience working on complex technical topics related to hardware/software solutions.
- You know everything there is to know about wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and have a good understanding of technical implementations.
- You have affinity with designing solutions that work for all people, specifically by implementing accessibility technologies.
- You are curious to try new solutions to problems, you’re open to different perspectives and you have a well-developed self-awareness
- You’re not afraid to speak up or voice potentially controversial ideas that you think are important for our users
- Ability to work well on an egoless, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.