This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Merchant Fraud Analyst
The Merchant Fraud Team is responsible for detecting and mitigating fraudulent activity that reduces risk for Adyen and its customers in a scalable way. With the ever-expanding roll-out of new Adyen products, such as Payouts, Adyen Capital and Issuing, mitigating new types of fraud risk Adyen is potentially exposed to is a top priority. That's why we are looking for an experienced specialist in mitigating and reporting banking fraud to join our Merchant Fraud team. As part of the Merchant Fraud team in Amsterdam you will be working closely with Risk, Compliance, Product and other Merchant Operations teams. You will be responsible for identifying, investigating, and preventing fraudulent activities related to our banking and financial services. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining the integrity of our platform and ensuring a secure and trustworthy environment for our users.
What you’ll do
- Monitor and analyse banking transactions, account activities, and user behavior patterns to detect and mitigate fraudulent activities in real-time;
- Assist in the development and optimisation of fraud detection systems and tools, suggesting improvements and enhancements as needed;
- Develop and optimise policies and procedures for fraud incident response, root cause analysis, incident follow-ups, funds recovery and communication protocols;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest fraud trends, techniques, and technologies to continuously enhance fraud detection and prevention methods.
Who you are
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Must have: proven experience (2+ years) in mitigating different types of (banking) fraud at a financial institution;
- Knowledge of multiple forms of fraud, financial crimes, scams, and schemes including reporting requirements;
- Willingness to make difficult decisions and quickly learn and iterate from these experiences - you are skilled at using data to drive decisions;
- You are able to work both on your own and with others, taking ownership where your knowledge is needed. At the same time you are a strong collaborator who is comfortable with connecting with colleagues across different teams and cultures, sharing ideas to improve efficient teamwork.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.